-
June 18th, 2003, 03:10 AM
#21
Inactive Member
Keep em coming guys I want to hear of everybodies new adventures!!!!
-
June 18th, 2003, 03:55 AM
#22
Inactive Member
I'm not really at liberty to say what the results were.. I'll check with the owner and see what he wants to say. I also hondalogged it before and after
But I will say this: Results were quite similar to JR WI. Both hp and intake temps
-
June 18th, 2003, 03:59 AM
#23
Inactive Member
I haven't really purchased anything (performance wise) for my car in quite some time. Recently, I've been focusing more on the audio components, replacing my old front separates with a pair of MB Quart and my head unit from a Clarion to an Alpine.
I dyno'd recently at 226 / 177, which are nice numbers, but I still think that I'm having some belt slip between 7000-8000 rpm. That'll be the last time I buy a belt that I think "looks cool." As for future performance plans, I may consider the LHT intercooler. . . that is, if I can pass visual smog inspections with a chromed out intake manifold that looks nothing like the Jackson Racing manifold. Perhaps I'll get a mandrel bent exhaust piping to replace my crush bent piping. Other than that. . . this car is done.
-
June 18th, 2003, 04:54 AM
#24
Inactive Member
Sadly this board seems to be in its twillight. We were in our hay day about 3 years ago. The GS-R was still in production and the JRSC kit for the GS-R was relatively new. It seemed like everyone who owned or planned on owning a JRSC was on this board. We used to average over 30 new posts every day. Those of us who were here know what I'm talking about. We had numerous discussions at length about fuel pressure, pump sizing, dyno sessions, etc. We were THE online resource for JRSC owners.
Now it seems like the JRSC has been out long enough that the experimentation is over. With the exception of a few people attempting intercoolers, we've pretty much done it all, found the limits of the kits, and know which parts work and which don't.
The economy is also not what it was 3 years ago and many people are choosing to spend there money elsewhere. With the exception of a new clutch, I doubt I'll be doing much of anything to my car this year. Let's hope 2004 will be a tire smoking year because 2003 is going to be pretty quiet for me.
-
June 19th, 2003, 11:37 AM
#25
Inactive Member
Well, I added Jims stepper pulley to my 8lb setup. I was really impresed with the difference. I found myself limited by the fuel injectors, so I bought 520cc MSD Injectors and an AEM EMS. I have it all installed, but now I am just at a stand still. They sent me a computer with the newest software which they have no good base maps for. I also just installed a set of Nology wires. I should be able to get the car right pretty soon. I just have too many other car projects going to concentrate on tuning the Integra.
-
June 19th, 2003, 11:46 AM
#26
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Lokar:
I added Jims stepper pulley to my 8lb setup. I was really impresed with the difference. I found myself limited by the fuel injectors, so I bought 520cc MSD Injectors and an AEM EMS.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Could you clarify on why you felt the injectors were limiting you, and what injectors were those? Stock? 310s? 440s? I think I've got enough room with the 440s, at worst I think could raise my baseline fuel pressure a few psi, but shouldn't have to.
-
June 19th, 2003, 03:41 PM
#27
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JRCivic:
The pulley is on the way... you should have it on Thursday. How about posting a nice pic of it on the MVM STEPPER PULLEY thread when you get it for me !!![/qb]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I got it today. I might try to get it on tomorrow morning and take it out for a test run at the Thusday night drags [img]biggrin.gif[/img] . My only concern is tuning for the extra boost on short notice. My PMS maps have been dyno tuned for my current 9 psi of boost (one map with race gas, one for 91 octane daily driving), but ideally I wanted to get to the dyno with the stepper pulley on before taking it out to the track.
But there's a side of me that says all I should have to do is extrapolate my fuel adjustements to about 12 psi, use the timing map I have for 91 octane to be conservative, run race gas in the tank, and do a little street testing with the O2 output on my PMS with a friend in the afternoon, and I should get close. I should also be able to run it rich enough to be safe until I can get to a dyno maybe next week.
Jim, I may be calling you in the morning for your thoughts, since you've got three hours head start on me.
I did snap some pics of the pulley too, but someone else will have to post them.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 19, 2003 02:11 AM: Message edited by: cpa ]</font>
-
June 19th, 2003, 05:05 PM
#28
Inactive Member
I finally got my used JRSC put on, dunno if anyone remembering my post a while back of me piecing it together. Some little things were missing, like two brackets, and one of the idler pullies. All in all I'm very impressed with it, it gave me what I needed and that was 5-60 performance. I live in a downtown area so now I don't have to beat on it to get it to move. It's hotter than a mutha here in Phoenix, temps ranging about 110 degrees this week but I still go to lunch, blowing my A/C and the temp guage never moves. I just don't go to 8k every shift, don't have to, I can shift at 4 or 5k and be on my way. I love it. Coming fall will be a Hondata s100 with boost. I'm just piecing together the things I need right now. Already have 440 rc injectors, I have a obdII-obdI wiring harness, working on a virgin p28 ecu then the hondata itself, kami header and custom 2.5 exhaust and see what kind of numbers i can put down. Still haven't made the dyno yet but I did a before dyno run and I put down 146 horse and 105 torque with 3 inch shortie, apexi gt header and apexi dunk cat back exhaust. Need to get it to the dyno to see where i'm at and then go from there.
-
June 20th, 2003, 01:26 AM
#29
Inactive Member
Hi everyone , well im sorta new at this so bear with me , right now i have 2000 type r with basic jr charger kit ....so far very happy with it , but im intending to do more mods over the summer . Now ive heard about the stepper pulley to raise boost up to 8lb versus the stock 5lb but ive also heard if i use a crv crank pulley i will achieve the same thing (is this correct?) was thinking of just ordering up an unorthodox crv crank pulley ....Also i have spoken to cspeed racing about a hondata unit s200 i believe utilizing rc 440 injectors .anyone know if these guys are reputable and how good are they at tuning the hondata ? please any info on the setup or other recomendations would be greatly appreciated....my goal is 250 whp on 8lbs boost ....realistic or not ?
-
June 20th, 2003, 03:19 AM
#30
Inactive Member
I was using stock injectors and reading 11 lbs of boost. My fuel pressure guage was maxing out at 100psi (who knows how much was really there) anyway, I went with the 520 injectors for one simple reason. I wanted to go with 440's, but MSD injectors jump from 410 to 520. well since I was installing an EMS I went ahead and got the larger injectors. I stuck with the MSD injectors mainly because I have contacts there.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks